Updated: Dec 27, 2022
So we all know this is a healthy and balanced combination however some people prefer to eat this in the mornings and others prefer for dinner... So I thought I'd give you a top ten guide to some jazzy alternatives to the regular combination!
1) Smear your toasted bread with cream cheese, add avocado, then a dense sprinkle of poppy and sesame seeds!
2) Top your avocado toast with chopped almonds and a drizzle of smoked olive oil, or flip it by using smoked almonds with extra virgin olive oil.
3) Bacon had to show up somewhere, right? Top your avocado toast with crumbles of cooked bacon and a handful of crumbled goat cheese.
4) Chips and salsa go together everywhere, even on avocado toast. This is a great use for those last few crumbs in the tortilla chip bag. Drizzle a bit of spicy salsa over your avocado toast, then top with crushed tortilla chips.
5) Smash a soft-boiled or poached egg on your avocado toast and sprinkle with garam masala or another Indian spice blend, such as curry powder.
6) As soon as tomatoes come into season, you better believe they're going on toast! This is so simple - chop up cherry tomatoes and put them on avocado toast with shreds of fresh basil. Black pepper is optional.
7) The toast for when strawberries are in hand. Top your toast with sliced strawberries and a drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar.
8) Avocado toast for those of you who can't get enough feta. Crumble feta on top and add sliced spring onions, which just enhance the taste of feta.
9) Top your toast with sweetcorn and a squeeze of lime for a vibrant start to the day.
10) The traditional smashed avocado topped with smoked salmon and a perfectly poached egg on top to finish it off! - this is my personal favourite! You can also do this in half a toasted bagel which looks and tastes amazing!
Happy avocado smashing!